POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Chris Huff's Megapov patch: Linux-executables avail?? : Re: Chris Huff's Megapov patch: Linux-executables avail?? Server Time
28 May 2024 21:04:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chris Huff's Megapov patch: Linux-executables avail??
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Apr 2005 02:18:16
Message: <424CF683.B6A3FF43@gmx.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" schrieb:

> Chris, is it possible to release the actual executables?
> I think you said they were for Unix.  Would Linux run them?

That does not make much sense - building from source on Linux is not
much more difficult than installing a binary.  And it will run on all
hardware while a binary will only run on what it is actually compiled
for.

Note however that the megapov plus package does not seem to build
without modifications at the moment.

> (Christoph, now you see why sometimes I'd prefer to keep my silly questions
> to p.o.-t.!)

No.  There are no silly questions.

-- Christoph