POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas : Re: Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Mar 2005 02:10:58
Message: <4248ff82@news.povray.org>
"Erwan" <erw### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht
> We may use POV-ray as a powerful stitching software, to stitch pictures
and
> assemble panorama. This is quite simple, for example:
> create boxes, same width/height ratio than the pictures
> texture the boxes with pictures image map
> "translate" the boxes on a distant sphere, positions shifted as the
> different pictures to stitch.
> Finally, add a camera on the center of the virtual sphere...
> I post an image made by the Rover Spirit to illustrate the result (images
> thread)

Impressive. Only in the sky pigments are the stitches, slightly visible. I
suppose that you put a light also at the camera position? I am surprised
that you don't see the slight angle that the boxes must have one to another.
Must be the light. Instead of boxes, you could use also polygons (easier to
map?)

Thomas