POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fluid animation 3 : Re: Fluid animation 3 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fluid animation 3
From: Slime
Date: 24 Mar 2005 17:32:50
Message: <42434012$1@news.povray.org>
> The rendering done with POVRay took around 30 min per frame (the animation
> has 82 frames). It is so long because I wanted to use the radiosity.
> Moreover, both the liquid surface and the room walls are defined by an
> isosurface.

The radiosity worked pretty well for an animation.

I looked back at your reply to my post in your previous thread and read one
of the papers on simulating fluids with the particle level set method. Your
simulations look very good and I'm interested in playing around with this
myself. Are you going by any specific paper on that page you linked to? If
so, which one? How long did it take you to write the code? Could this be
easily extended to simulate fog/smoke?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]