POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AVI or MPEG? : Re: AVI or MPEG? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AVI or MPEG?
From: Peter Duthie
Date: 15 Mar 2005 17:58:46
Message: <423768a6@news.povray.org>
I assume Greg means which format will work with the most people when
they click on the link to the video file.  In which case I think
animated GIF would be the most universal.... although this might not be
what you had in mind!  I'd suggest pick a few different encoding types,
and put multiple links on your page, let the viewer decide.  This seems
to be what a lot of commercial sites do now anyway, with a link to a
Real Video encoded file, and another link to windows media compatible
file.  Not that I'm a fan of either of those.

Peter D.