POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Perspective : Re: Perspective Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective
From: Alain
Date: 15 Mar 2005 17:24:26
Message: <4237609a$1@news.povray.org>
kmac99 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-03-14 06:55:
> Some time ago I asked about creating an animation where a single object
> increases in size to which I received great answers.  I've just returned to
> this project and noticed that the perspective doesn't appear to be correct
> for a cube (looking at the centre).  As the size of the cube increases the
> vertical lines begin to converge at the bottom - camera slightly above and
> cube rotated.  Are there general rules to avoid such problems?
>
> Thanks.

This convergeance is an effect of perspective and is as it should be. A real
photograph will show
the same thing.
As kurtz said, an ortographic camera will elliminate this effect, while flatening any
perspective.
Another way is to use a spherical camera and chosing carefully the vertical and
horizontal angles. I
suspect that those angles will change with the position and orientation of the camera,
and probably
with the size of the object.

Alain