POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : about those explosions... : Re: about those explosions... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: about those explosions...
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 14 Mar 2005 07:52:37
Message: <42358915@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> So, I'm still trying to animate my nuclear explosion, but to do
> that in a realistic way, I need a fluid dynamics simulation system.

Just another thought: I guess if you're only aim is to get those
explosions right, you may get faster (in terms of development and render
times) and propably better looking (yet not physically correct) results
using some sort of keyframing: Put all the parameters of your explosion
in an array, create as many states of it as you need and interpolate
between the states with a spline. That way you can control the look of
it to the last detail. You could even build your keyframes dynamically
within the script to let the user change some parameters.

It would of course take some time to prepare the keyframes, but that
would IMHO be nothing compared to writing a fluid dynamics solver. OTOH,
a fluid dynamics solver for POV would be really cool ;)

HTH,
Florian