POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The best PovComp image sucks... : Re: The best PovComp image sucks... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The best PovComp image sucks...
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 13 Mar 2005 07:15:57
Message: <42342efd$1@news.povray.org>
"Rafal Maj Raf256" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote in message

> ... on common monitor ....
> Only after turning up the gamma, it becomes visible that the ocean floor
> has
> interesting geometry... perhaps author of image and/or PovComp team should
> apply this adjustments to picture - it would be much more impressive
> then... :)

Fascinating.  I myself have often been making images too dark, engendering
complaints from everyone from my wife to p.b.a. commenters.   And I never
completely figured it out.  Was it my lack of artistic sense?   The PC vs.
Mac lightness problem?  Is it an innate eye-sensitivity issue-- FWIW I'm
Swedish.