POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finally I took time to start my personal website ! : Re: Finally I took time to start my personal website ! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finally I took time to start my personal website !
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 12 Mar 2005 21:57:53
Message: <4233ac31$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>
>> Well, if you want to say it that way. But my guess is that seeing a
>> white screen does not comply with seeing Bui's page.
>>

> Okay, just so that I am clear,  if you were running 32-bit Linux would
> you be able to have Flash support?

Yes.

>> Could be true. Is the presentation dependant of flash?
>

> I am not technical enough to answer that.  Primarily his presentation is

I still haven't seen the flash -version, but now when I've seen the site
without flash-support, I'd say it's really nice without flash. If the
flash-version is better, it has to be reeeally nice.

> Would it suffer
>
>> considerably loss without it?
>

> One answer is with a question:  how considerable is "considerable?" That

The loss is considerable if Bui thinks so; it's totally up to him. It
seems that the loss is not considerable, 'cause now he does have a
non-flash version. If the flash was only used to choose language, which
Slime's post did say (or at least I read it so), the lost most propably
ain't considerable.

> If it is/if it would, using flash is at
>
>> least reasonable. But I still don't consider a flashclip as a web
>> site, no matter how cool or nice it is.
>>

> "Web site" seems like a serviceable enough term to me.

Have to say I don't get the "serviceable" here. Might be the slow mind
of mine right now, but I just don't understand this. Meaning you
understand my opinion, or that you disagree with my opinion? Or
something else?

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net