POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightsys Reflective Spectral data : Re: Lightsys Reflective Spectral data Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsys Reflective Spectral data
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Mar 2005 17:12:41
Message: <42336959$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message
>   The only pointer I got is reflection+diffuse=1. I really don't know
> where it comes from, but I've seen it mentioned several times by people
> which seems to know what they are talking about... and indeed seems
> logical and gives good results. For the rest, we still have to use the
> good and old "trial & error", I suppose.

I don't think I've heard that before, or else if I did, I never paid
attention.  I've never quite been sure what to use for diffuse, so I've
generally just left it at the default.  I'm going to have to modify some of
my scenes/objects and re-render them with that in mind.

Thanks!  :-)

--
Jeremy M. Praay
www.beantoad.com