POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object bending question : Re: object bending question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object bending question
From: Alain
Date: 11 Mar 2005 21:21:27
Message: <42325227$1@news.povray.org>
Rick D. nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-03-11 18:26:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to bend objects. For example bend a
> cylinder to make the two ends meet, and make it look like a donut.
That's a torus. torus{MajorRadius, MinorRadius [transformation][texture]}. The center
is at <0,0,0>,
around the y axis on the x-z plane.

> Or stretch a sphere ( scale <0.3, 0.3, 1.0> ) and lock the two far points
> and push it upwards in the middle, so it looks like a banana.
You need an isosurface. Disturb the Y value to make the curve. Divide the x and z
values by 0.3 to
scale as you mention.

> It's probably easy if you know what to look for, but right now i have
> nog clue where to start.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this.
>
> Best regards,
> Rick D.