POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finally I took time to start my personal website ! : Re: Finally I took time to start my personal website ! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finally I took time to start my personal website !
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 11 Mar 2005 00:36:55
Message: <42312e77@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>
>> It seems more like a flashclip than website to me.
>
> Well whatever you call it, it is beautifully designed, with content that
> is very impressive.

Flash can be used for nice and fast animations, graphics etc. But it has
been "driven to suck" by:

-90% stupid users (too much flash, too big clips etc (I don't say Bui is
one of these - I honestly don't know); these drove me off from flash
first time years ago)

-It's creator, Macromedia, which obviously has no clue 'bout hardware
evolutioning; my workstation is over 8 months old (hey, it's already
obsolete for someone in these markets) and still Macromedia just doesn't
support 64-bit Linux, even thou much of amd64-Linux -users has been
asking for it. One of web's great ideas is that it's not
platform-dependent; use of this kind of unsupported proprietary code
does not do that. Currently Macromedia makes the first choice, who can
see Bui's page, and I don't believe that it's even what Bui primarily wants.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net