POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finally I took time to start my personal website ! : Re: Finally I took time to start my personal website ! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finally I took time to start my personal website !
From: Slime
Date: 10 Mar 2005 18:30:36
Message: <4230d89c$1@news.povray.org>
> It seems more like a flashclip than website to me. Or, to be precise, I
> see just an empty page (hooray Macromedia, thanks for the great support
> for amd64).

The flash intro is merely a place to select your language. But this drives
the point home that, when you use an "intro" page for a website, you drive
away users - even those who *are* able to see it, very often just leave when
they don't see any real content.

The solution: trash the "splash" page, and send users straight to the
content, in the language you most want to target. In an easy-to-see place,
put a link to the other language version.

Otherwise, nice site; there are a few places where margins could be bigger,
but it's good.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]