POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Overwriting identifiers : Re: Overwriting identifiers Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overwriting identifiers
From: Art Flint
Date: 8 Mar 2005 07:29:01
Message: <422d9a8d@news.povray.org>
Steely wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>
> this thing drives me crazy, so any and every hint will be helpful ;-)
>
> I have a few dozen include-files merged in a single scene-file. Every .inc
> contains a few identifiers. Now for one single shot inside a longer
> animation I want to overwrite the values of the identifiers (simply
> changing from 1 to 0). After this shot the identifiers should "return" to
> their original values. Therefore I want to overwrite the values inside the
> scene-file. But, as you might guess, I dont get it to work. I have tried
> several ways, but nothing works, it seems, the SDL has no way to do this
> :-(
>

> ..inc depending of clock. But as it affects only 30 frames of the animation
> (and the .incs will be needed also for stills and other animations without

> overwrite them directly inside the .pov
>
> TIA for any help
>
> Rm

I have from time to time used a statement like:
#ifndef( some_var_name ) #declare some_var_name=1; #end
inside the included_file_name.inc file.

In the .pov file I then use:
#if(frame_number => some_value | frame_number <= some_other_value)
	#declare some_var_name=0;
#end
#include included_file_name.inc

This gives some_var_name a default value if not declared previouse to
the file being included.

This might help in your situation.

Art