POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Closing Hinge : Re: Closing Hinge Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Closing Hinge
From: scott
Date: 7 Mar 2005 06:17:41
Message: <422c3855@news.povray.org>
Rick Measham wrote:
> This is an animation of the closing hinge posted in P.B.I. along with
> the scene code.
>
> I've not uploaded a movie before so I hope the format is acceptable. I
> can't work out how to get an mpg. I'd love a pointer to a place that
> will tell me exactly what I need to download to turn the huge AVI's
> that Avi Creator gives me into something acceptable for the NG.

http://files.divx-digest.com/software/encode/pjBmp2Avi.zip

This will allow you to compress a series of BMP files to a video file using
any codec that you currently have installed on your machine.  I usually use
DivX.

Some people here prefer MPEG1 though, TMPGEnc is recommened by some people,
and is the only one I found that can make the old MPEG1 standard files (it
was used for old VideoCDs ???, I don't know).  Seeing as we are up to, what,
MPEG4 now, it seems a bit weird for some people to still be using MPEG1?
Anyway, there's probably a reason I don't understand hehe.