POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
5 May 2024 08:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Mar 2005 21:25:05
Message: <4227c701$1@news.povray.org>
dan B hentschel wrote:

>    The blatant purpose of this competition was
> to show off the power of POV-Ray as an image creation tool.

Hmmmmmm "image creation tool"

It should come
> as no surprise to people that the images were judged based on how well they

I don't think that is what surprised people.

  Yes, creating mesh objects with third party
> tools does require a lot of skill, and can produce very pleasing results,

Some of us use TPT's and are shooting for a good deal more than that

> but for the purposes of this specific competition, it is no different than
> my Photoshop example above. Photoshop, Illustrator, photography, etc. all
> require a lot of skill as well, and when used effectively, can produce some
> very nice results.

"pleasing" AND "very nice"  hey hey

  Neither one showcases POV-Ray in the way that the
> contest intended.

That's been pretty much beaten to death.  Had you hoped to add something
new?