POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : cloth simulation : Re: cloth simulation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:42:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloth simulation
From: scott
Date: 1 Mar 2005 03:14:58
Message: <42242482@news.povray.org>
Eli wrote:
> Me and F.G. del Cueto have been experimenting with cloth stuff some
> years ago and we have encountered exactly the same thing: instability
> of the model. Try decreasing the calculation time steps and/or using
> a higher order integration method like Heun or 4th order Runge Kutta.

Yes I did think about using RK4 because the time steps were getting stupidly
small to make it even this stable.  And it is taking far too long to
calculate each new frame.  I think I will use C++, it is very frustrating
and time consuming to have to wait so long to see the outcome of one tiny
change in the code.