POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating 16-bit HFs from C++ : Re: Creating 16-bit HFs from C++ Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating 16-bit HFs from C++
From: Peter Duthie
Date: 28 Feb 2005 17:21:24
Message: <42239964$1@news.povray.org>
I mean to the mesh.  In that the mesh consists of verticies, edges,
faces, uv_vectors, and normals.  Transforming the verticies will
generally transform the edges and faces with which they are associated
unless my understanding of meshes is fundamentally flawed.  Normally, UV
coordinates will want to be preserved, not transformed, but then again I
didn't add uv_vectors in the first place so it wasn't relevant but I can
see how this might be to others in some cases.  This leaves normals,
which are transformed similarly to the verticies without any ill
effects, at least in the transforms I performed.  I'd be interested in
knowing specifically what problems you can foresee with this sort of
mesh transformation so that I can try to come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Peter D.