POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
18 May 2024 19:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 Feb 2005 09:06:42
Message: <42232572$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

  Replace "POV-Ray" with
> "oil painting" and it would be the same.

Nice analoque! But you know you tempt me Gilles, you know you tempt me. ;)

But let me also reinforce, I agree absolutely with the judging and would
deeply regret it if any imput I have had in this thread has in anyway
suggested I did not or cast any kind of aspersion on the contest and
it's outcome.  The top images provide me with a target to aim for in my
own development for quality and artistry and I truly hope I might get there.

I do not think it was a mistake to raise the issue I raised, but it is
entirely separate from questioning the premise of the contest, its
conduct, judging, and outcome.