POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Colors : Re: Colors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colors
From: Alain
Date: 24 Feb 2005 20:03:49
Message: <421e7975$1@news.povray.org>
Georg Olesen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-23 10:19:
> Hi,
>   I have a very simple question, and yet I can't figure it out my self:-(
> How do I, say color a sphere with the one half red and the other half
> green? Or how do I make a box, where all the sides are blue except for one
> which i red with a white cross on it?
>
> In advance thanx
>
> Kind Regards
> Georg

For the sphere, you can use a gradient pattern with a colour_map like:
colour_map{[0.5 red][0.5 blue]} scaled a little larger than the sphere and translated
so the change
matches the center of the sphere.
For the box you mention, using an intersection of 6 planes, 5 with a blue pigment and
1 with an
image_map of the swiss flag.

Alain