POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
3 May 2024 13:33:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: St
Date: 24 Feb 2005 19:10:20
Message: <421e6cec@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>   Then I was right. So why entice 'other' povray users, ABX? Numbers
>> maybe?
>> Sorry ABX, but I am pissed with this - and if anyone thinks it's "sour
>> grapes", you're SO wrong. I want to learn POV the way *I* want to learn
>> it,
>> and use it. That's what it's there for. To use.
>
> POVComp's existence doesn't prevent you from using POV-Ray however you
> wish, it was a voluntary contest.

  I know that, but wouldn't ever have won *anyway* with the way I WANTED TO
USE IT.

   POVCOMP won't happen again, (I haven't had answers to my question about
if POVCOMP will happen again). But many images, made 'their' day.

 How you were "tempted" and "enticed"
> to use it I'm not sure I want to know :-),

I hope you're not taking the #### with that statement. Seriously. ;)

but you certainly weren't
> forced and the rules and guidelines were there for all to read.

  Oh, please RD. Did I say 'forced' anywhere in my post?! No.

  I wanted to enter to try and get a computer for my daughter for Christmas.
That was my drive, nothing else, (think how pissed-off I am with messing my
detail images up!)  I'll find it easy to NOT enter another povcomp now,
unless of course, I use pure SDL. (Which might happen. Just because I use
Wings mostly now, it doesn't mean I *can't* do the *pure* thing - although
people just forget in here. I 'do' have the patience to do it).

 My ART would be extremely limited though. PoV doesn't adjust profusely for
this, art-wise, generally.

  Go Figure. ;)

   ~Steve~