POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
3 May 2024 12:07:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Feb 2005 19:05:52
Message: <421e6be0$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

Steve you echo a lot of my own anger.

I was trying to find a way to rise above this dispute.  But I guess not.

So I'll say this. I thought that fact that one of the judges would
repeatedly use the comments section as a soapbox for this ridiculous
bias of his was in extremely poor form.  I was more than a little
shocked that such bias was represented on the judging panel at all, and
even more so that these petty-minded opinions were allowed to see the
light of day.  For me it is extremely disheartening, not in the least
because I enjoy "pure" csg extremely, and now actually find it hard to
use because this "issue" has been so stupidly politicized.  These
comments are, in my opinion, low-minded, retrograd, and do not reflect
the spirit of POV-Ray.