POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this an effective approach for large projects? : Re: Is this an effective approach for large projects? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this an effective approach for large projects?
From: Slime
Date: 23 Feb 2005 18:20:21
Message: <421d0fb5@news.povray.org>
> I read something about having to use a 90 degree field of view for this
> purpose. Would the default values for the camera parameters work? I'll
> need to review the stuff on the camera in the manual.

You do need a 90 degree field of view. (Think about it like this: 4 sides of
a cube = 360 degrees, so 90 degrees for each side.) Also, you need square
images (since they'll be sides of a cube). The default camera is made for a
4:3 aspect ratio, so this needs to be changed. This should work:

camera {
location 0
direction z
up y
right x

look_at z // set to which side of the "cube" you want to render. (+-x, +-y,
+-z)
}

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]