POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Commenting on entries : Re: Commenting on entries Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:52:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commenting on entries
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Feb 2005 16:51:21
Message: <421cfad9$1@news.povray.org>

421bb142$1@news.povray.org...

> Which, btw, thanks to the judges for making comments on the images. Even
> if brief, and technical in nature, it is still a difficult thing to do for
> more than a handful of images, and I, for one, appreciated the effort that
> was made.

To be fair, I'm not too happy with the comments (starting with mine). Some
people feel that they are too negative and indeed they are, which is both
unavoidable (only positive comments wouldn't make much sense) and not very
nice for the artists. A diplomatic touch is necessary when writing comments,
but after penning a few dozens of them the varnish wears off...

> I don't know Jeremy, this group seems as appropriate a place as any. Maybe
> start a thread "What image has meaning for you and why?"

Allowing comments could be interesting, but I'm not sure that there will be
much interest now that the competition is over, at least not enough to
warrant further development of the interface for the time being.
Registration should be mandatory to avoid spam, and in any case the comments
would have to be moderated so it's not straightforward. I don't want some
idiot to be able add "this pic sucks" under every image and have this
indexed in Google before anyone sees it. I guess that the system should be
built to accept public comments from the very start for this to work without
too much trouble.

However, I'm all for starting threads here about the images, such as the one
you suggest.

G.