POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation : Re: Liquid animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation
From: regdo
Date: 23 Feb 2005 15:52:59
Message: <421ced2b$1@news.povray.org>
fidos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing the animation of liquid and the rending in POVRay.
>
> I post my first results : the animation of a liquid pourred in a transparent
> glass.
>
> For the simulation of the liquid, I used a program that I wrote in C using
> the level set method and the solving of the NS equations. For each frame,
> the program generate an isosurface file in the dfd format. When I finished
> the simulation, I load the file in POVRay for rendering.
>
> The simulation was around 3 days long (but htere is a lot of room for
> optimisation !!!) and the rending around 5 days long.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fidos
On what system did you get that compute/render times ?
Very impressive, even if the end of the animation makes the liquid
surface a little odd (and not only because of color ;-) )
Any hope to see such a simulator on-line one of these days ? (If you
know of one freely available, please tell me).

Regis.