POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating 16-bit HFs from C++ : Re: Creating 16-bit HFs from C++ Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating 16-bit HFs from C++
From: Leroy
Date: 24 Feb 2005 00:10:50
Message: <421D6089.3000605@joplin.com>
I have wrote a program with C++ and VIDE to make 8 or 16 bit height
feilds from contour lines. It for win98.

It's at http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/

I used PPM to save the 16 bit height feilds ,TGA for 8 bit height feilds
and BMP for the contour maps files . I hand coded the PPM & TGA file
functions and use windows functions for BMP.

If the program doesn't do what you need E-mail me and I can send you the
code. It might be a little messy and if you don't have VIDE you may
still be able to figure it out.