POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Shiny reflection on white plane : Re: Shiny reflection on white plane Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shiny reflection on white plane
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Feb 2005 04:09:15
Message: <421853bb$1@news.povray.org>
Foregoing using something like diffuse reflection (blurs as it fades), and
therefore some slower technique, you might be able to get by with just
variable reflection.

Try the following finish for the floor:

 finish {ambient 0.4 diffuse 0.4 reflection {0, 15 falloff 7}}

This seemed okay to me as long as global_settings {assumed_gamma 1} was used
here. Oh, and I removed your point loight source, too. The reflection
settings might seem extreme but there's nothing stopping you from doing
that.

Bob Hughes