POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
2 May 2024 13:39:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 18 Feb 2005 21:00:53
Message: <42169dd5@news.povray.org>
"Chris Holtorf" <lho### [at] nwlinkcom> wrote in message
> Well, I just downloaded HDR Shop and upgraded my version of Poseray.
> This HDRI stuff looked very challenging and time consuming when I was
> working on the contest entry. Now I have time to explore what it can do
> for the next contest.
> Stay tuned :)

The quick and easy method would be to simply download MegaPov 1.1, and then
get the ready-made kitchen probe,
http://www.debevec.org/Probes/kitchen_probe.hdr   That's neither challenging
nor time-consuming; just the way I like things!  :-)

However, getting radiosity to look good in an HDRI scene can be challenging,
in my experience.  But it's generally necessary in a picture in which you're
likely to have recessed areas.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com