POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
17 May 2024 05:09:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Lance Birch
Date: 18 Feb 2005 08:08:13
Message: <4215e8bd@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:4215e640@news.povray.org...
> Chris Cason <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> > FWIW I loved the concept of your image.
>
>   By the way, which image is that?

African Caprice
http://www.povcomp.com/entries/209.php

I think the biggest way to improve the image (in my opinion) is with the
lighting.  Right now the image appears a little flat and therefore it's not as
dramatic as it could (and deserves to) be.  I'd really love to see this scene
taken further!  There's no reason to stop now since there's already been so much
work put into it; just a few changes to the lighting of the scene could make a
huge difference I think.  If it was my scene I'd probably drop the camera height
a tiny bit as well, or if not, introduce some focal blur to separate the
background from the main subjects (heh, yes, I know... rendertime++)

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au
thehandle - www.thehandle.com