POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
17 May 2024 04:02:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Chris Cason
Date: 17 Feb 2005 23:41:26
Message: <421571f6@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Chris Cason made a point of noting that the ranking outside the winner's
> circle was just approximate, an attitude I wholehearted support.  If
> anyone remembers, I have been quite vocal on that subject in the past

Indeed, the ranking outside the top 25 is not really a ranking at all (which
is why those images don't have a number placed on them like the others do)
and is in no way to be considered the opinion of the judges as a whole. Only
the top 25 were ranked. When given the choice of placing the remaining images
in alphabetical order or placing them in some sort of preference order we
chose the latter, but the ordering is very informal and certainly not the
opinion of the judges as a whole.

FWIW I loved the concept of your image.

-- Chris