POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this an effective approach for large projects? : Re: Is this an effective approach for large projects? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this an effective approach for large projects?
From: Brendan Ryan
Date: 17 Feb 2005 22:40:40
Message: <421563b8$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal Maj Raf256 wrote:
> Brendan Ryan wrote:
>
> I would suggest to use a shell script to render all scenes, script could
> write some temporary file (based on current timestamp) and pass name of
> such configuration file to POV-Ray using -Ddeclare=... command line option.

Ok, I'll need to experiment with passing command line options to the
windows version of povray because I haven't done that before.

> Seems like another good approach. Or, perhaps, it would be best to write a
> small C program to generate POV-Ray syntax list of locations to some
> location.inc? I suggest to use with programming language You find most
> comfortable :)

If the projects becomes large and slow even after being divided into
multiple files and too large to easily manage by hand, I'll try writing
a C++ program to read the data files about the rooms and generate the code.

Brendan