POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture : Re: Texture Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Feb 2005 16:14:12
Message: <4213b7a4$1@news.povray.org>
"Daniel" <new### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> BTW is there a way to interpolate in the alpha area to make it a solid
> object?

Missed you asking this by only minutes, apparently.

I don't think I know what you're actually asking. If I understand you right
all you're wanting to do is keep that face of the box intact instead of just
leaving the logo image floating in midair. If so, the water_level amount I
mentioned before will allow that to happen if you change it to 0 or no
keyword and number at all, as long as the surrounding image color is only
solid black. However, your original question seemed to indicate you wanted
it as a cutout having nothing surrounding it, hence the alpha channel for
transparency.

Sorry, I forgot about the way it also intersects with the thick-walled box
object. You'd need to keep the HF from getting snipped off by rescaling it
to be shallower and/or move it outward (-z*?) some. Or even making the box
solid itself first by removing the differenced inner box.

Only other thing I can guess you might have meant is, if the edge of the HF
image can be smoother than it is now. I can only suggest adding the keyword
'smooth' into the HF (before or after water_level) or increase your logo
image resolution.

Otherwise, please elaborate on the question, if you can.

Bob Hughes