POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture : Re: Texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Feb 2005 00:31:22
Message: <4211892a$1@news.povray.org>
"Daniel" <new### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Can you make this thick and only on one side of the box?

Getting it to be only one side is easily done, but if you're wanting the
part that shows on that boxes surface to have a certain thickness- well,
that'll need a surface to exist where there isn't one. The problem being
that all POV objects are inherently empty unless interacting with another
surface. Image maps don't create a surface.

What might do okay is 'media', which can use the image as a density pattern.
That way you'd be using two boxes, one inside the other, with the media
contained only between the walls.

 I'd have to try making an example to show how that works all together, so
if I can I'll post it here later if I come up with something. Unless of
course you already get the idea.

If there's another way I'm not thinking of it right now.

Bob Hughes