POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Feb 2005 16:09:16
Message: <4211137c$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Altho Tcl does a very nice job (via the "stubs" interface) of avoiding
> having to recompile extensions when new versions of Tcl come out. And
> yes, all kinds of Tcl internals are exposed thereby, not just simple
> one-interface things. Worth looking at, for anyone who is wanting to
> implement a plug-in interface to anything other than POV-Ray, where such
> would be impossible and foolish to even consider. ;-)

Oh please, could you stop spreading this nonsense around?  Also that is what
  was contained in 90% of your posts so far, I have tried to resist replying
to your Tcl "example" long enough now:  Tcl is at best byte-compiled (like
Java) and then either interpreted or just-in-time compiled, which has
exactly nothing to do with shared libraries (aka DLLs) and plug-ins based
those, which is the topic discussed in this thread.

	Thorsten