POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 Feb 2005 02:46:36
Message: <420f05dc$1@news.povray.org>
news:cun081$2cb$1@chho.imagico.de...
> Darren New wrote:
> >
> > This, by the way, is the kind of fractal I'm talking about:
> >
> > http://www.fractal-landscapes.co.uk/images.html
>
> Oh come on - all those images use very crude meshes, admittingly quite
> efficiently hidden by detailed textures.  So all this from the point of

I don't want to sound like I'm speaking on Darren's behalf, but I think Darren's
entire point was that you should be able to do it without having to resort to
using meshes, but because the function needed to be iterative, it wasn't
possible with isosurfaces.

That was my interpretation anyway.

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au