POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 Feb 2005 01:03:42
Message: <420eedbe$1@news.povray.org>
news:420d12db$1@news.povray.org...
> Maurice wrote:
> > <cynic mode>
> > Sorry for interrupting your little flame war here. But I just wanted to
> > say that I really love to see people who only see problems and refuse to
> > see solutions.
> > ;-)
> > </cynic mode>
>
> No, it is a matter of experience.  Would you go to your local car mechanic
> and ask him to attach wings to your car?  You don't (I hope) because you
> know that would not give you a flying car and in general be useless.  Of
> course there is a solution even to getting a car to fly, but how feasible is
it?

> Either way, the real point here is that this whole discussion is *pointless*
> and I would really wish people would just for once not argue over something
> they so obviously do not understand.  After having had the same discussion
> for the 10th time in five years, it is only annoying, nothing else.

You aren't obligated to respond, Thorsten, you aren't even obligated to read the
posts.  If you are tired of the conversation you can just mark it as read and
ignore it.

Maybe people have new ideas that weren't thought of in previous discussions;
maybe people want to implement their own system and would like to discuss it
with other users; maybe there are users on the server now that would like to
contribute to such a discussion without having to dig up an old thread that
might have out of date information; maybe if you don't have anything
constructive to contribute you shouldn't bother saying anything at all.

These groups are for discussion about POV-Ray and getting help from other users,
so I don't see why anyone should be saying 'don't discuss this topic, it's been
discussed before' - that just turns off enthusiastic new users with big ideas,
and those are the sorts of users I really like to see posting.  I always think
it's best to let people discuss things anyway, even if you think they're
impossible and pointless, because sometimes great things come from such
discussions (e.g. the Daylon Graphics Patches for POV-Ray, that allow basic
OpenGL previewing).

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au
thehandle - www.thehandle.com