POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 11 Feb 2005 21:49:29
Message: <420d6eb9@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> the feature won't appear in an official POV-Ray build, is there any harm
> in those who are interested discussing the possibilities for an unofficial
> build?

It is not up to me or anybody else how others waste their time, you just
have to face the fact that it will never be added to an official version and
as such it is a waste of time.  You are also free to write your own
ray-tracer or whatever else you like doing during your free time.

> And if they managed to pull it off somehow,

This will not happen.  All you will ever get is some hack.  In fact such a
hack has existed before in some ancient isosurface code.  The fact that
nobody supports it any more should tell you something.

 > isn't there at least the
> potential that at that time someone from the POV-Ray team might consider
> it a valuable addition to the existing code?

No, it is certainly not going to be considered for all he reasons outlined
so many times in the past and for the millionth time in this thread.

	Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.