POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Images on a Sphere Sweep : Re: Images on a Sphere Sweep Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Images on a Sphere Sweep
From: Chris B
Date: 11 Feb 2005 17:12:47
Message: <420d2ddf@news.povray.org>
"Rick Measham" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:420b51f3$1@news.povray.org...
> I'm using a sphere sweep for a cat5 cable (that blue ethernet cable
> hanging out the back of your computer). Along a real cable is a text
> designation declaring the cable to be cat5 (or 6). I want to include
> that in my model. However the shere sweep is (surprise!) not a straight
> line.
>
> Is there any way to do this? What if the sweep was made up of many REAL
> spheres or cylinders (each cylinder would be a lot smaller than the text
> so I can't just put the text on every nth cylinder)
>
> Any help, as usual, will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers!
> Rick

Why not cut text, made with the text object out of the side of the sphere
sweep.
You can use the Spline_Trans() macro from "transforms.inc" to position it
along a cubic spline, so as long as you use the cubic spline for your sphere
sweep too, then it should line all up.
I've put a sample source file on povray.binaries.scene-files and an image on
povray.binaries.images.
(see "Text on Sphere Sweep")

Chris B.