POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Matthias Weißer
Date: 11 Feb 2005 13:24:06
Message: <420cf846@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:

>> I would like to ask why this would be not portable? Any platform POVRay
>> runs on should support dynamic loading.
>
>   Show me the C++ code which performs loading of dynamically linked
> libraries in any platform.

Not on any. The platform has to support dynamic loading. If POVRay also
compiles on plain old DOS than this feature will not be possible. But on
all others:

#ifdef WIN32
     LoadLibrary("foo.dll");
#endif

#ifdef LINUX
     dlopen("bar.so", some_mode );
#endif

#ifdef SOMEOTHEROS
    loadsoordllonthisosfunction("foo.bar");
#endif

OK. Thats not complete but I don't see a problem there which can not be
solved. Others can do this too.

--

mat### [at] matweide
http://www.matwei.de