POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so : Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling external Math functions from .dll or .so
From: Matthias Weißer
Date: 11 Feb 2005 11:41:31
Message: <420ce03b$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich schrieb:
> verjigorm wrote:
>> Yes, I already downloaded the code. Just wanted to check if any extension
>> already exists and if a feature like library support is going to be added
>> some day.
>  > Sounds like a good idea to me, you know like in MATLAB for instance.
>
> No, it is an extremely bad idea as it is not portable and all this has been
> explained several times in these groups.  It is never going to be added to
> any official version of POV-Ray.

I would like to ask why this would be not portable? Any platform POVRay
runs on should support dynamic loading. Or does POVRay compiles under
plain DOS?

For my self I don't have any application to use such an interface off
POVRay because my .pov's are written from another programm or by hand.
It's only a technical question.

--

mat### [at] matweide
http://www.matwei.de