POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : GUI for mounting a scene : Re: GUI for mounting a scene Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GUI for mounting a scene
From: Tom Melly
Date: 11 Feb 2005 09:22:14
Message: <420cbf96$1@news.povray.org>
"Cesar" <ces### [at] terracombr> wrote in message
> But there must be people rendering directly in povray and modeling with
some
> other software, exporting the scene or something. I was just wondering
what
> would that software be.

Moray allows you to use a GUI to generate povray sdl directly, other
programs (e.g. poser) allow you to export models to an interim format that
can then be converted to, generally, a mesh2 file.

Moray, afaik, is the only program that allows you to model and then render
in povray w/o any interim conversion steps...

> Anyway, I think I'll give scripting a try. Where can I find a full
> specification of the POVRay programming language?

The documentation provided with povray has a complete specification for the
SDL, as well as tutorial and advanced help sections.