POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wiki: Attachments (Images) disappearing .. : Re: Wiki: Attachments (Images) disappearing .. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wiki: Attachments (Images) disappearing ..
From: Tom Melly
Date: 10 Feb 2005 09:26:31
Message: <420b6f17$1@news.povray.org>
"Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote in message
> Tom,
> I have restored most (all?) of the deleted images using the mechanism you
> had described.  I am VERY glad you have not yet executed the deprecated
> script.  We would have lost a BUNCH of images.
>
> Here is one this very morning .... I have *NOT* yet restored the image:
>
> http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?MorayCoordinateSystem
>
> This is getting VERY bad ...

As far as I can see, not only does marking images for deletion not require a
login, but such edits do not even show up in the revision history.

This vandalism is probably being done by hand, but it wouldn't be hard to
write a script that would autodelete images throughout the site... and you
wouldn't even notice the changes in the revisions or recent changes page.
Scary.

I guess in a world of mass-murder, pillage and rape, one shouldn't be too
surprised, but the mind boggles as to what this vandal thinks he or she is
accomplishing by this...