POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering: System req. and time. : Re: Rendering: System req. and time. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering: System req. and time.
From: Carsten Bogler
Date: 7 Feb 2005 16:07:43
Message: <4207d89f@news.povray.org>
Hello,

i'm pretty new to povray and except some questions that i still can answer
myself with reading the docs ;) i'd like to know some things about the
experience you made with rendering times.

When i got into pov deep enough i would like to generate big pics.
so does the rendering time increase linear to pic-size?
have any of you rendered a pic with a sice of about 8000x12000 pixels?
and if so, how long did it take to render the scene? (i know it depends on
hardware but anyway)

regards,

 carsten.