POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh question : Re: mesh question Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh question
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 5 Feb 2005 16:19:42
Message: <4205386e$1@news.povray.org>
>   Actually it matters when you use uv-mapping.

Thats interesting, I never thought about that...

This leads to the question: Does splitting along the shorter diagonal
also give better results concerning u/v mapping? I drew a few irregular
quads and by taking a look at how they would be u/v mapped I got the
impression that splitting along the longer diagonal might be slightly
"better"...

Is there anything that can be done about it (e.g. are OpenGL quads meant
to somehow overcome this kind of problem)?

-Sascha