POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin and Povray 3.6.1 : Re: Cygwin and Povray 3.6.1 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 13:45:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin and Povray 3.6.1
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 3 Feb 2005 11:36:19
Message: <42025303$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Ross,

> For anyone else out there who tries to compile Povray on Cygwin and
> finds it doesn't work, I've found the solution: tell it it's Linux.
>
> ../configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu COMPILED_BY="<address>"

	Hey, that's a funny trick  :-)

	Sorry for I didn't further address your earlier trouble with cygwin.
Since the problem is rather odd and that there were already several other
issues due to libtiff, I gave up and instead rewrotte the libtiff support
for the future 3.6.2 release.  I need to do more tests on cygwin though...

	- NC