POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : message streams : Re: message streams Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: message streams
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 2 Feb 2005 13:47:06
Message: <4201202a@news.povray.org>
> OK, a serious answer:...

That's at least an answer to my question, thanks Thorsten!

PS: Posting the serious answers _before_ the flame-war stuff would be a
bit less frustrating for those who asked the questions :-)

> PS: While it has low priority, I am well aware that there are uses for
> the "common" command-line control mechanism POV-Ray offers and if time
> should ever permit to complete the high-priority features for the Mac
> version, a small frontend that translates command-line control attempts
> to AppleEvents interacting with the GUI version is not out of the
> question.  But don't count on me ever having time to implement that ;-)

I'm sure there are some POV-Ray modelers around for Mac-OS that use the
"Mac way" of invoking POV-Ray - but writing a cross-platform application
that can start POV is not an easy task then.
IMHO cross-platform compatibilty is an inportant issue, and even if Macs
are cool, POV-Ray would not be what it is if it was "just" a Mac
application...

-Sascha