POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : message streams : Re: message streams Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: message streams
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 2 Feb 2005 13:34:34
Message: <42011d3a$1@news.povray.org>
All I wanted to do is to start POV-Ray behind the scenes, and pass a few
options to it.

 > com.apple.cocoa.foundation
If I could get around without adding lot's of platform dependent code,
it would make things easier...

 > Now, that an obsolete technology like Java...
I did not ask for your opinion about Java.

POV-Ray is a commandline/text-based application. After all, it is a
renderer, not a modeler, so theres no need for a GUI. What you call a
GUI is nothing but a built in text-editor, I really don't see the
advantage in controlling POV-Ray like a GUI application. If one can't
start it telling it to render a single scene-file without dealing with a
"GUI frontend" its a pity...

-Sascha