POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Area light questions : Re: Area light questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area light questions
From: Alain
Date: 27 Jan 2005 18:09:17
Message: <41f9749d$1@news.povray.org>
regdo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-01-26 03:33:
> Hi to all.
> A few dumb questions about area lights.
> An area light is a single light source. It's made of several
> sub-sources, but you can't make it "look_like" an array of bulbs, right
> ? I mean, you can't automatically correlate the number of sources in the
> area light and the look_like statement ?
>
> If you want to replace an area_light (say 4x4 with color <1,1,1>) is it
> equivalent to set a 4x4 array of individual point lights with color
> <1,1,1>/16 ?
>
> I have many more about radiosity and photons, but I'll wait for those ;-)
> Thanks for your help.
You can use a look_like to make an area_light "apears" like an aray. Have the
look_like use an
object that is an aray of small spheres. It don't have to have the same number of
components or
actual size as the area_light. The look_like have NO effect on the behaviour of the
light it is
added to.

Alain