POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ and megapov's simcloth : Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:54:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 26 Jan 2005 13:58:36
Message: <41f7e85c$1@news.povray.org>
"regdo" <reg### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> regdo wrote:
>> Tim Cook wrote:
>>
>>> invert normals?
>>>
>> I tried "inverse" in the declaration of the object, but it has no effect.
>> Is it the right way to do it ?
> No way to make it work with the mesh. It seems to work with a cone. The
> question is : the doc says it must be used on "object with well-defined
> interior". Does that mean that a mesh is not an object with well-defined
> interior ? Does anyone know what, technically, is behind that definition ?
> If it's a mathematically solid shape, that features loses much of it's
> interest to me. But I have already seen renders of cloth on people (don't
> remember where, tough). How did they do ? *sigh*

Anymore, I use Poser 5 to model cloth simulations.  I have played with the
simcloth patch, however, but I don't think I used it on a mesh, so my answer
may not be completely accurate.

There are a few tricks you can try.  You can make portions of the model
non-visible within Poser or DAZ|Studio (I believe).  Or, you can
"difference" out portions of the model where their skin sticks through.  Or,
you can make your cloth slightly larger (scale 1.1).  Or, you can offset the
cloth by a certain amount.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com