POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation to change size : Re: animation to change size Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation to change size
From: regdo
Date: 26 Jan 2005 02:56:18
Message: <41f74d22$1@news.povray.org>
kmac99 wrote:

> The first frame will have a radius of 1.05.  Is the second frame calculated
> using 1.05 * pow(1+X, frame_number) or is it 1.10?  I need the former,
> where the increase is based on the the last size.

That's basic math :
Framenumber  value
0            1.05^0= 1
1            1.05^1= 1.05
2            1.05^2= 1.1025
3            1.05^3= 1.157625
and so on.
If you want the sphere to grow linearly, use a
(1+frame_number*0.05)*base_radius. If you want exponential growth, use
the pow formula.
Note that you cannot base one frame calculation from precedent frame
parameters, unless you pass them from one frame to the other by a
"hand-written" file (not very easy and prevents from recalculating part
of the animation). Determining a formula available for the  entire
animation is much more accurate.
Hope this helps.