POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating Coordinate Map : Re: Creating Coordinate Map Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating Coordinate Map
From: Slime
Date: 23 Jan 2005 00:18:56
Message: <41f333c0$1@news.povray.org>
> > OKay, this helped a lot.  But, I need the lighting to be brighter.  It
is
> > hard to see the planets.  I probably need to find a different color
> > background than black, but, white is not a good choice either.

> Is it possible to make the Spheres themselves light sources?  I need them
> stand out, but, because they are so small and so far away, I am not seeing
> some of them well.  The background color is hurting me as well.

I would start with a black background. It should be possible to make very
visible spheres with good colors - that back light should even help to
define their edges (providing I placed it well, but I didn't test the code I
gave you).

What color are you using for your spheres?

It's possible to turn the spheres into light sources, but that won't make
them any brighter (they'll brighten up other nearby things, but that's
probably not what you want). That's a bad idea though, since it will really
slow things down with a lot of spheres. Emitting media is a better choice,
but first let's just see if we can create the effect you want through a
pigment.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]